Friday, February 17, 2012

#43 Eat Gelato in Italy


Because ice cream IS NOT the same thing.

Date Completed: February 15th, 2012

1/2 Pistachio, 1/2 Lemon
Last week, I went to a tiny Gelateria in the streets of Rome (not a tourist location next to a huge landmark, I mean a 25 minute walk into the middle of nowhere) with the hopes of crossing off one of my most anticipated list items. When I walked into the shop, it was clear the owner, a kind old man easily pushing 80, barely spoke any English, so a large majority of the transaction was carried out with hand signs and pointing. A few minutes later and a few Euros lighter I left the shop with a cup half full of pistachio and lemon gelato, and let me tell you - it was everything I had anticipated. Go get some. Right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment